[Corpora-List] social media corpus collected during 2013-2015

Min-Yen Kan knmnyn at gmail.com
Mon Sep 7 16:38:22 CEST 2015

Hi all:

I am one of the maintainers of the aforementioned SMS corpus at NUS. The address is not correct any longer, you may try here (or use your favorite search engine to find it):

http://wing.comp.nus.edu.sg/downloads/smsCorpus

In general, social media messages are difficult to share since many of the platforms strictly state that researchers and other parties are not to share messages directly. You may be able to obtain post IDs which you can then use the platform's API to obtain yourself. This is true with Sina Weibo (Chinese) as well as Twitter (English, various languages) but I gather the same is true of other languages.

<self-plug>Our group has also done a recent cross OSN study of OSN usage. You might be interested in it -- the corpus (the IDs of the posts) will be made available soon.

Bang Hui Lim, Dongyuan Lu, Tao Chen and Min-Yen Kan (2015). #mytweet via Instagram: Exploring User Behaviour across Multiple Social Networks. To be published in the Proceedings of IEEE/ACM International Conference on Advances in Social Networks Analysis and Mining (ASONAM '15), Paris, France. http://www.comp.nus.edu.sg/~kanmy/papers/asonam15.pdf </self-plug>

By the way, it seems Kayee's message has been pushed out to the list several times, with little variation. Not sure that is the intention -- since the list has several thousand people's contacts... Cheers,

Min

-- Min-Yen KAN (Dr) :: Associate Professor :: National University of Singapore :: NUS School of Computing, AS6 05-12, 13 Computing Drive Singapore 117417 :: +65 6516 1885(DID) :: +65 6779 4580 (Fax) :: kanmy at comp.nus.edu.sg (E) :: www.comp.nus.edu.sg/~kanmy (W)