[Corpora-List] EMNLP 2015: Final call for participation

Barbara Plank bplank at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 17:23:58 CEST 2015

========================================================================== EMNLP 2015: Conference on Empirical Methods in Natural Language Processing September 17-21, 2015 Lisbon, Portugal

http://www.emnlp2015.org

FINAL CALL FOR PARTICIPATION

*** Main conference program available *** *** Limited capacity, see registration info *** ==========================================================================

SIGDAT, the Association for Computational Linguistics' special interest group on linguistic data and corpus-based approaches to NLP, invites participation to EMNLP 2015, the 20th conference on Empirical Methods in Natural Language Processing.

The conference will be held on September 17-21 2015 in Lisbon, Portugal. The conference consists of three days of full paper presentations with two days of workshops and tutorials.

Conference URL: http://www.emnlp2015.org

The conference web site will include updated information on all EMNLP 2015 issues, especially regarding registration, traveling, program, venue, etc. Check also our conference FAQ http://www.emnlp2015.org/local.html

We are excited to announce the following news about EMNLP 2015:

MAIN CONFERENCE PROGRAM AVAILABLE

The main conference program, including the best paper awards, is now available at: http://www.emnlp2015.org/program.html

Instructions for Presenters: http://www.emnlp2015.org/presentations.html

We have a great line-up of invited speakers:

Deep Learning of Semantic Representations

Yoshua Bengio, Université de Montréal

Measuring How Elected Officials and Constituents Communicate

Justin Grimmer, Stanford University

More details at: http://www.emnlp2015.org/invited-speakers.html

REGISTRATION

Due to the limited capacity of the venue and the very large demand we are currently observing, we might be forced to close registration before the announced deadline. If so, a waiting list will be created for registrations to the main conference, workshops and tutorials. We will keep you informed on our website and social media feeds.

Further information on the registration is available at: http://www.emnlp2015.org/registration.html

TUTORIALS

For the second time, EMNLP will feature tutorials. The following eight tutorials will take place on September 17-18, 2015:

Semantic Similarity Frontiers: From Concepts to Documents

David Jurgens and Mohammad Taher Pilehvar

Personality Research for NLP

Yair Neuman

Transparent Machine Learning for Information Extraction: State-of-the-Art and the Future

Laura Chiticariu, Yunyao Li and Frederick Reiss

Knowledge Acquisition for Web Search

Marius Pasca

Learning Semantic Relations from Text

Preslav Nakov, Vivi Nastase, Diarmuid Ó Séaghdha and Stan Szpakowicz

Applications of Social Media Text Analysis

Atefeh Farzindar and Diana Inkpen

Robust Semantic Analysis of Multiword Expressions with FrameNet

Miriam R. L. Petruck and Valia Kordoni

Computational Analysis of Affect and Emotion in Language

Saif Mohammad and Cecilia Ovesdotter Alm

More info on the tutorials: http://www.emnlp2015.org/tutorials.html

WORKSHOPS

EMNLP 2015 will host the following one or two-day workshops during September 17-18, 2015:

WMT15 — Tenth Workshop on Statistical Machine Translation

Ondřej Bojar, Christian Federmann, Barry Haddow, Chris Hokamp, Matthias Huck, Pavel Pecina, Philipp Koehn, Christof Monz, Matteo Negri, Matt Post, Caroline Scarton, Lucia Specia, Marco Turchi

WASSA 2015 — 6th Workshop on Computational Approaches to Subjectivity, Sentiment and Social Media Analysis

Alexandra Balahur, Erik van der Goot, Piek Vossen, Andres Montoyo

DiscoMT'15 — Discourse in Machine Translation

Bonnie Webber, Marine Carpuat, Andrei Popescu-Belis

Louhi 2015 — The Sixth International Workshop on Health Text Mining and Information Analysis

Cyril Grouin, Thierry Hamon, Aurélie Névéol, Pierre Zweigenbaum

LSDSem — Computational Semantics: Linking Lexical, Sentential and Discourse-level Models

Michael Roth, Annie Louis, Bonnie Webber, Tim Baldwin

CogACLL 2015 — Cognitive Aspects of Computational Language Learning

Robert Berwick, Anna Korhonen, Alessandro Lenci, Thierry Poibeau, Aline Villavicencio

VL'15 — Vision and Language 2015 (VL)

Anja Belz, Luisa Coheur, Vittorio Ferrari, Marie-Francine Moens, Katerina Pastra, Ivan Vulić

More info including dates and links to workshops: http://www.emnlp2015.org/workshops.html

ORGANIZING COMMITTEE

General Chair

Lluís Màrquez, Qatar Computing Research Institute

Program co-Chairs

Chris Callison-Burch, University of Pennsylvania Jian Su, Institute for Infocomm Research (I2R)

Program committee: http://www.emnlp2015.org/organization.html#pc

Workshops co-Chairs

Zornitsa Kozareva, Yahoo! Labs Jörg Tiedemann, Uppsala University

Tutorial co-Chairs

Maggie Li, Hong Kong Polytechnic University Khalil Sima'an, University of Amsterdam

Publication co-Chairs

Daniele Pighin, Google Inc. Yuval Marton, Microsoft Corp.

Publicity Chair

Barbara Plank, University of Copenhagen

Sponsorship Team

João Graça, Unbabel Inc. (Sponsorship Chair) Hang Li, Huawei Technologies (ISC Representative for EMNLP)

Student Scholarship co-Chairs

Fancisco Guzmán, Qatar Computing Research Institute Lluís Padró, Technical University of Catalonia

SIGDAT Liaison

Noah Smith, Carnegie Mellon University

Local co-Chairs

André Martins, Priberam João Graça, Unbabel Inc.

Local Organization Committee: http://www.emnlp2015.org/organization.html#local

CONTACT contact at emnlp2015.org

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/emnlp2015 Find us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/emnlp2015