[Corpora-List] Enquiry regarding French business corpora

Sutcliffe, Richard F E rsutcl at essex.ac.uk
Mon Jun 22 22:23:00 CEST 2015

There is mul07 from ECI/MCI Multilingual Corpus 1 - it is very old and only a small number of sentence pairs French-English but it is business French. Could be a start.

Desc: https://catalog.ldc.upenn.edu/docs/LDC94T5/corpdesc.txt

Article: http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.44.950&rep=rep1&type=pdf

richard

________________________________________ From: corpora-bounces at uib.no <corpora-bounces at uib.no> on behalf of Xenia.Eichmann at anglistik.uni-giessen.de <Xenia.Eichmann at anglistik.uni-giessen.de> Sent: 18 June 2015 15:55 To: corpora at uib.no Subject: [Corpora-List] Enquiry regarding French business corpora

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am a graduating student from Justus-Liebig-University of Giessen in Germany and I am writing my bachelor's thesis, a corpus-based linguistic analysis, about Politeness strategies in English and French business correspondence.

I am approaching you to ask whether there is a corpus on French business communication, meaning written collections of business correspondence (such as business letters, emails, faxes and memos) which are accessible to the public?

Thanking you in advance for your trouble.

Yours sincerely,

Xenia Eichmann