[Corpora-List] CFP: NTCIR-12 MedNLP (Medical Natural Language Processing Shared Tasks)

Yoshinobu Kano kano at inf.shizuoka.ac.jp
Thu Jun 18 09:43:31 CEST 2015

CALL FOR PARTICIPATION

NTCIR-12 MedNLP Medical Natural Language Processing Shared Tasks https://sites.google.com/site/mednlpdoc/

Since more electronic records are now used at medical scenes, the importance of technical development for analyzing such electronically provided information has been increasing significantly. Our goal is to promote and support generating practical tools and systems applicable for the medical industry. In NTCIR-10, we have evaluated a very basic task, named entity recognition (NER) of clinical records. In NTCIR-11, we have evaluated the term normalization technology. Now in this NTCIR-12, we challenge a new, more advanced and practical task that is to guess the disease name (represented by the International Codes for Diseases; ICD) from provided medical records. Systems developed for this task may be used to directly support an actual application for daily clinical services and in many areas of clinical study.

We plan the following two tasks:

- Phenotyping task: Participants are expected to give a standard disease name(s) from given medical records. This task corresponds to the phenotyping task in the medical research.

- Creative task: We welcome participants’ creative ideas that help us to utilize our resulting products in the real world. Especially, a new task plan or annotation scheme for the next MedNLPDOC-2 is desired.

SCHEDULE

- 30. June 2015: Registration Due Please register at http://ntcir.nii.ac.jp/jp/NTCIR12Regist/ - December 2015 (to be confirmed): Submission of results - March 2016: Submission of task papers - June 2016: NTCIR-12 Conference

TASK DATA

Training data (planned with 200 sentences) consisting of medical records with corresponding ICD codes will be distributed to registered participants.

ORGANIZER

Eiji Aramaki [Chair] (Kyoto University, JST PRESTO) Mizuki Morita [Chair] (Okayama University) Yoshinobu Kano (Shizuoka University) Tomoko Okuma (Fuji Xerox Co., Ltd.)

COOPERATION

Fuji Xerox Co., Ltd.

CONTACT AND DETAILS

Please visit our website (https://sites.google.com/site/mednlpdoc/) for details. Contact us <mednlp.office at gmail.com> if you have any questions. We are looking forward to your participation!