Bucharest, Romania January 27-30, 2016
Global Wordnet Association: www.globalwordnet.org
Conference website: http://gwc2016.racai.ro/
The Global Wordnet Association is pleased to announce the 8th International Global Wordnet Conference (GWC2016). The conference will be hosted by Research Institute for Artificial Intelligence “Mihai Drăgănescu” of the Romanian Academy (local organization: Verginica Mititelu and Corina Forăscu).
Details about the Association and the conference can be found on the conference website (http://gwc2016.racai.ro/).
We invite papers addressing the topics listed, but not limited to, the ones below.
1. Linguistics and lexical semantics, including:
* In depth analysis of semantic relations
* Determining and representing word meanings (definitions, relations, semantic
components, co-occurrence statistics, etc.)
* Necessity and completeness issues.
* Ontologies and wordnets.
* The lexicon and wordnets.
2. Architecture of lexical databases, including:
* Language independent and language dependent components
* Integration of multi-wordnets in research infrastructures (like CLARIN) and LT networks (like META-NET)
3. Tools and Methods for wordnet Development, including:
* User and Data entry interface, organization,
* Extending and enriching wordnets
* Combining wordnets with other resources, such as Wikipedia and DBPedia
* Combining wordnets with other modalities such as images and sounds
4. WordNet as a lexical resource and component of NLP and MT, including:
* Word sense disambiguation using wordnet,
* Ontologies and wordnet,
* The lexicon and wordNet
* The Semantic Web and wordNet
5. Applications of wordnets, including:
* Information extraction and retrieval,
* Deep reading and semantic parsing
* Similarity and relatedness measurements
* Document structuring and categorization,
* Automatic hyperlinking
* Language teaching,
* Psycholinguistic applications
6. Standardization, distribution and availability of wordnets and wordnet tools.
7. Proposals for tutorials on building wordnets and demonstrations of wordnet databases, and wordnet-based software are welcome too.
Presentations will fall into one of the following categories:
* long papers (30 mins)
* short papers (15 mins)
* project reports (10 mins)
* demonstrations (20 mins) Submissions will have to state one of the preferred categories. Acceptance may be subject to changes in the category of the presentation, e.g. a long paper submission may be accepted as a short paper.
Final papers should be submitted in electronic form (PDF only):
* Long papers should be limited to 8 pages,
* Demonstration papers must be at most 5 pages text and can have additional 3 pages screen dumps or images;
* Short papers and project descriptions should be limited to 5 pages.
Papers need to be submitted to the EasyChair website: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=gwc2016
The format of the paper is in ACL format (PDF): ACL 2010 paper formats: http://acl2010.org/authors_final.html
The conference program will include oral presentations and demonstration sessions with sufficient time for discussions of the issues raised.
Important note: Inclusion of accepted submissions into the final program and the proceedings is contingent upon at least one author's registration. Late registration and on site registration for participants is possible without inclusion of the paper and without presentation.
· 6th Sept 2015: Submission on papers due · 18th Oct 2015: Authors' notification · 31st Oct 2015: Final paper due · 1st Nov - 30th Nov 2015: Registration of authors with papers in the proceedings · 1st Nov - 31st Dec 2015: Registration of the participants without papers in the proceedings · 27th -30th January 2016: the 8th edition of the Global WordNet Conference
Conference Chairs Christiane Fellbaum: fellbaum at princeton.edu Piek Vossen: piek.vossen at vu.nl
Local Organizing Chairs Verginica Mititelu: vergi at racai.ro Corina Forăscu: corinfor at info.uaic.ro
Program committee Eneko Agirre, University of the Basque Country, Spain Eduard Barbu, Translated.net, Italy Francis Bond, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore Sonja Bosch, University of South Africa, South Africa Alexandru Ceaușu, Euroscript Luxembourg S.à r.l., Luxembourg Dan Cristea, “Al. I. Cuza" University of Iași, Romania Agata Cybulska, VU University Amsterdam / Oracle Corporation, the Netherlands Tsvetana Dimitrova, Institute for Bulgarian Language, Bulgaria Marieke van Erp, VU University Amsterdam, the Netherlands Christiane Fellbaum, Princeton University, USA Darja Fiser, University of Ljubljana, Slovenia Antske Fokkens, VU University Amsterdam, the Netherlands Corina Forăscu, RACAI and “Al. I. Cuza" University of Iași, Romania Ales Horak, Masaryk University, Czech Republic Florentina Hristea, University of Bucharest, Romania Shu-Kai Hsieh, Graduate Institute of Linguistics at National Taiwan University, Taiwan Radu Ion, Microsoft, Ireland Hitoshi Isahara ,Toyohashi University of Technology, Japan Ruben Izquierdo Bevia, VU University Amsterdam, the Netherlands Kaarel Kaljurand ,Nuance Communications, Austria Kyoko Kanzaki ,Toyohashi University of Technology, Japan Adam Kilgarriff ,Lexical Computing Ltd, UK Svetla Koeva, Institute for Bulgarian Language, Bulgaria Cvetana Krstev, University of Belgrade, Serbia Margit Langemets, Institute of the Estonian Language, Estonia Bernardo Magnini ,Fondazione Bruno Kessler, Italy Verginica Mititelu ,RACAI, Romania Sanni Nimb, Society for Danish Language and Literature, Denmark Kemal Oflazer, Carnegie Mellon University, Qatar Heili Orav, University of Tartu, Estonia Karel Pala, Masaryk University, Czech Republic Adam Pease, IPsoft, USA Bolette Pedersen, University of Copenhagen, Denmark Ted Pedersen, University of Minnesota, USA Maciej Piasecki, Wroclaw University of Technology, Poland Alexandre Rademaker, IBM Research, FGV/EMAp Brazil German Rigau, University of the Basque Country, Spain Horacio Rodriguez, Universitat Politecnica de Catalunya, Spain Shikhar Kr. Sarma, Gauhati University, India Roxane Segers, VU University Amsterdam, the Netherlands Virach Sornlertlamvanich, SIIT, Thammasart University, Thailand Dan Ștefănescu, Vantage Labs, USA Dan Tufiș RACAI, Romania Gloria Vasquez, Lleida University, Spain Zygmunt Vetulani, Adam Mickiewicz University, Poland Piek Vossen, VU University Amsterdam, the Netherlands