[Corpora-List] Talk on Corpus Linguistics and Superdiversity, Birmingham

Paul Thompson paul_ccr at fastmail.fm
Thu Jun 4 12:06:50 CEST 2015

[posted on behalf o fCaroline Tagg, University of Birmingham]

Dear all,

You are all very welcome to attend a talk and seminar on corpus linguistics and superdiversity by Professor Christian Mair at the University of Birmingham on Thursday 18th June at 2pm. The event is sponsored by the Institute for Research into Superdiversity (IRiS) at UoB and aims to bring together applied linguists, corpus linguists and superdiversity researchers.

"From Nigeria and the Bahamas but ... currently living in Belgium” The superdiversification of Global English Professor Christian Mair Universitšt Freiburg Thursday 18th June 2015 2pm-5pm in room 420, Muirhead Tower, University of Birmingham

The event is free and there is no need to register as such, but it would be useful if you could drop me a line to let me know if you intend to come at c.tagg at bham.ac.uk. (As well as getting an idea of numbers, I can then send directions if necessary and invite you to have dinner afterwards with us!)

The event will be followed by a second seminar on 30th June by Dr Rachelle Vessey from University of Newcastle.

Best wishes,

Caroline

Dr Caroline Tagg English Language and Applied Linguistics University of Birmingham Edgbaston Birmingham B15 2TT

-- ******* Dr Paul Thompson Director, Centre for Corpus Research Department of English Language and Applied Linguistics University of Birmingham Birmingham B15 2TT UK