[Corpora-List] labeled dataset for time-specific events?

ali hürriyetoglu ali.hurriyetoglu at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 09:05:03 CEST 2015

I am aware of the following studies that may help:

Weerkamp, Wouter, and Maarten De Rijke. "Activity prediction: A twitter-based exploration." *SIGIR Workshop on Time-aware Information Access*. 2012.

Noro, Taichi, et al. "Time period identification of events in text." *Proceedings of the 21st International Conference on Computational Linguistics and the 44th annual meeting of the Association for Computational Linguistics*. Association for Computational Linguistics, 2006.

Blamey, Ben, Tom Crick, and Giles Oatley. "‘The First Day of Summer’: Parsing Temporal Expressions with Distributed Semantics." *Research and Development in Intelligent Systems XXX*. Springer International Publishing, 2013. 389-402.

Good luck!

Ali

Date: Mon, 25 May 2015 17:07:42 -0400 From: Ken Litkowski <ken at clres.com> Subject: Re: [Corpora-List] labeled dataset for time-specific events? To: Erin McKean <erin at logocracy.com>, corpora at uib.no

Not sure if this will help, since it doesn't provide this kind of mapping. In my preposition work on the Pattern Dictionary of English Prepositions <http://www.clres.com/db/TPPEditor.html> (PDEP), many sentences (our of some 80,000+) have been tagged with preposition senses that convey a temporal meaning. While many of these have objects that are directly time expressions, there are also many instances where the object is an event (such as 'breakfast', e.g., 'at breakfast'). In addition, all temporal preposition senses have been gathered together in the Temporal class <http://www.clres.com/db/classes/ClassTemporal.php>, providing a fairly comprehensive inventory of where to look in PDEP. (Based on tagging thus far, it is perhaps noteworthy, that using the BNC from which PDEP was drawn, temporal senses constitute almost exactly 10 percent of all preposition uses.)

-------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available Type: text/html Size: 9340 bytes Desc: not available URL: <https://mailman.uib.no/public/corpora/attachments/20150601/59869b51/attachment.txt>