[Corpora-List] Last CFP: NAACL Workshop on Vector Space Modeling for NLP

Shay Cohen scohen at cs.cmu.edu
Sat Feb 28 14:00:10 CET 2015

Thank you, John, for bringing this to our attention. We were of course not trying to suggest that statistical NLP started in a vacuum. Ideas about statistical analysis of language have been floating around for a long time, and the examples you gave are a great evidence for that. We were mostly referring to NLP in its "current form" -- modern NLP and its modern use of statistical analysis. We should have been more careful with the way we phrased it. Best, Shay