[Corpora-List] special issue of Slovenščina 2.0: Lexicography
iztok.kosem at trojina.si
Thu Feb 26 12:21:25 CET 2015
We are pleased to announce the publication of the special issue of the Slovenščina 2.0 journal, dedicated to lexicography (http://www.trojina.org/slovenscina2.0/en/arhiv/2014-2/). The issue provides a snapshot of contemporary activity in the European lexicographic community, and which gives some pointers to the directions in which the field is moving. Six papers deal with topics such as the transfer or conceptualization of dictionary for the digital medium, different options of visualizing lexical information, choosing a dictionary-writing system and the use of a corpus and search logs in choosing headwords. Three papers (in Slovene) shed some light on the Slovene lexicographic situation by comparing the recently-published second edition of the Dictionary of Literary Slovene with its predecessor, evaluating a newly launched dictionary portal Fran, and discussing the move away from Slovenian lexicographic tradition in aspects, dictated by state-of-the-art lexicographic theory and practice.
1. Michael Rundell: Macmillan English Dictionary: The End of Print?
2. John Simpson: What would Dr Murray have made of the OED Online Today?
3. Piotr Żmigrodzki: Polish Academy of Sciences Great Dictionary of Polish [Wielki słownik języka polskiego PAN]
4. Blanca Arias-Badia, Elisenda Bernal, Araceli Alonso: An Online Spanish Learners’ Dictionary: The DAELE Project
5. Carole Tiberius, Jan Niestadt, Tanneke Schoonheim: The INL Dictionary Writing System
6. Lars Trap-Jensen, Henrik Lorentzen, Nicolai H. Sørensen: An odd couple – Corpus frequency and look-up frequency: what relationship?
7. Simon Krek: Prva in druga izdaja SSKJ
8. Iztok Kosem: Fran: pameten in intuitiven?
9. Polona Gantar: Slovar sodobnega slovenskega jezika: leksikografska tradicija in/ali inovacija
We wish you an informative and thought-provoking reading.
Editors: Iztok Kosem and Michael Rundell
More information about the Corpora