Call for Participation
5th Lisbon Machine Learning School - "Natural Language Understanding"
We invite everyone interested in Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing to attend the 5th Lisbon Machine Learning School - LxMLS 2015.
* Application Deadline: April 8, 2015
* Decision: May 8, 2015
* Early Registration: June 8, 2015
* Summer School: July 16-23, 2015
Topics and Intended Audience
The school will cover a range of Machine Learning (ML) topics, from theory to practice, that are important in solving Natural Language Processing (NLP) problems that arise in the analysis and use of Web data.
Our target audience is:
* Researchers and graduate students in the fields of NLP and Computational Linguistics;
* Computer scientists who have interests in statistics and machine learning;
* Industry practitioners who desire a more in depth understanding of these subjects.
Features of LxMLS:
* No deep previous knowledge of ML or NLP is required, but the attendants are assumed to have at least some basic background on probabilities and programming;
* Recommended reading will be provided in advance;
* Includes a strong practical component;
* A day zero is scheduled to review basic concepts and introduce the necessary tools for implementation exercises;
* Days will be divided into tutorials and practical sessions (view schedule);
* Both basic (e.g linear classifiers) and advanced topics (e.g. big data, deep learning) will be covered;
* Instructors are leading researchers in machine learning.
List of Confirmed Speakers
SHAY COHEN University of Edinburgh | UK
NOAH SMITH Carnegie Mellon University | USA
XAVIER CARRERAS Xerox Research Center Europe | Spain
SLAV PETROV Google Inc. | USA
CHRIS DYER Carnegie Mellon University | USA
PHIL BLUNSOM University of Oxford | UK
YEJIN CHOI University of Washington | USA
LUCIA SPECIA University of Sheffield | UK
FERNANDO PEREIRA Google Inc. | USA
ROBERTO NAVIGLI Sapienza University of Rome | Italy
YOSHUA BENGIO Université de Montréal | Canada
LUIS PEDRO COELHO European Molecular Biology Laboratory | Germany
MÁRIO FIGUEIREDO Instituto de Telecomunicações and University of Lisbon | Portugal
Please visit our webpage for up to date information: http://lxmls.it.pt/ 2015.
To apply, please fill the form in https://lxmls.wufoo.com/forms/application-form/. Any questions should be directed to: lxmls-2015 at lx.it.pt.
We are looking forward to your participation!
-- The organizers of LxMLS'2015. -------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available Type: text/html Size: 13365 bytes Desc: not available URL: <https://mailman.uib.no/public/corpora/attachments/20150223/297db14e/attachment.txt>