[Corpora-List] Job opening: Natural Language Processing Scientist at Conversant

Davis, Paul pdavis at conversantmedia.com
Sat Feb 21 23:42:24 CET 2015

Conversant is looking for Natural Language Processing Scientists to join our Decision Sciences R&D team in Chicago, Illinois

Job Description Natural Language Processing Scientist - (0067334) Chicago, IL, United States

Your role As a Natural Language Processing Scientist in our R&D organization, you will be responsible for researching and building natural language processing and machine learning applications to extend Conversant's personalization platform. Conversant's personalization is based on analysis of anonymized data at internet scale, and is used in evaluating 1 trillion advertising opportunities per month - in real-time. You will work on real-world problems as part of our highly collaborative R&D team, and your solutions will directly and rapidly impact our business.

Your responsibilities will include * Develop an understanding of Conversant's personalization platform * Use your natural language processing and machine learning expertise to research and recommend the best approaches to solving our technology+business problems * Design, implement, and validate your solutions * Work with other teams on integrating your solution into Conversant's platform * Participate fully in our collaborative approach to nlp and machine learning projects

Ideal candidates will have the following qualifications * A Ph.D., or Master's degree plus at least 3 years' relevant experience, in Computer Science, Linguistics, Statistics, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field * Research experience and coursework in Natural Language Processing / Computational Linguistics * Research experience and coursework in Machine Learning * Fluency in programming * Experience with large data sets * Desire to work in a highly collaborative environment * Desire to apply your expert knowledge to grow a business

Additional useful but not required skills * Experience with distributed computing, in particular Hadoop, Spark, or related technologies * Experience with Information Retrieval * Familiarity with SQL, Scala, Python, or Java

Who we are Conversant (CNVR) is the leader in personalized digital marketing. Conversant helps the world's biggest companies grow by creating personalized experiences that deliver higher returns for brands and greater satisfaction for people. We offer a fully integrated personalization platform, personalized media programs and the world's largest affiliate marketing network - all fueled by a deep understanding of what motivates people to engage, connect and buy. We work with more than 400 blue chip companies including 3 of the top 4 cellular carriers, 7 of the top 10 car manufacturers, 8 out of 10 pharmaceutical companies, 64 of the top 100 internet retailers, and 97 of the top travel companies, to name just a few of the categories where we dominate in providing personalized marketing solutions.

This email and any files included with it may contain privileged, proprietary and/or confidential information that is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). Any disclosure, copying, distribution, posting, or use of the information contained in or attached to this email is prohibited unless permitted by the sender. If you have received this email in error, please immediately notify the sender via return email, telephone, or fax and destroy this original transmission and its included files without reading or saving it in any manner. Thank you. -------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available Type: text/html Size: 7908 bytes Desc: not available URL: <https://mailman.uib.no/public/corpora/attachments/20150221/a8a9c5d8/attachment.txt>