[Corpora-List] Evaluation Measures for Weakly CC in MTs

javid dadashkarimi javiddadashkarimi at gmail.com
Sat Feb 14 09:34:37 CET 2015

Dear Everybody, Does anybody know, in the machine translation task, how we can evaluate a weakly comparable corpus? In such a corpus there are not necessarily parallel sentences in the corpus. In the best of our knowledge measures like BLUE heavily depend on existing parallel sentences. On the other hand, comparability measures like binary compatibility or the vector space measure, which exploit bilingual dictionaries in their computations, are not specific for the machine translation purpose. Best, Javid -------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available Type: text/html Size: 837 bytes Desc: not available URL: <https://mailman.uib.no/public/corpora/attachments/20150214/3be5b5b1/attachment.txt>