[Corpora-List] Call for papers: Aspects of Corpus Linguistics: Principles, implementations, challenges

Athanasios N. Karasimos akarasimos at gmail.com
Mon Feb 9 18:14:32 CET 2015

We invite you to contribute a paper to a second special issue of the Bulletin of Scientific Terminology and Neologisms on current linguistic topics, to be published by the Research Center for Scientific Terms and Neologisms of the Academy of Athens:

*Aspects of Corpus Linguistics:*

*Principles, implementations, challenges*

The collection and analysis of data and how it is affected or affects theorizing has become a priviledged research topic in the burgeoning field of Corpus Linguistics. The volume will focus upon the challenges faced by Corpus Linguistics (such as the corpora from the world wide web) as well as the systematic nowadays efforts to create large scale corpora for Greek and other languages. A team from the “Cross-linguistic Project on Pre- and Protomorphology in Language Acquisition” of the University of Vienna, Austria (coordinator: Prof. Wolfgang. U. Dressler), which has since 1993 conducted research on the basis of child-language corpora from various European languages (including Greek) are the invited authors for this volume.

*15/3/2015*: Abstract submission *30/4/2015*: Notification of acceptance *30/11/2015*: Final version submission

Specific topics for this volume include but are not limited to: Corpus Linguistics and lexicology Corpus Linguistics and morphology Corpus Linguistics and acquisition Corpus Linguistics and language change Corpus Linguistics and dialectology Corpus Linguistics and literature Corpus Linguistics and data mining Corpus Linguistics and written language resources Corpus Linguistics and computational Linguistics

As we value your contribution, we urge you to participate by sending a one-page abstract of a paper (including references) to the following addresses: christo at academyofathens.gr and keeon at academyofathens.gr. Your abstract should include a title, author/s affiliation, email and keywords.

For more information contact: Athanasios Karasimos (akarasimos at academyofathens.gr) Anastasia Christofidou (christo at academyofathens.gr)

-- _______________________________ *Dr Athanasios N. Karasimos* *Computational Linguistics* Research Center for Scientific Terms and Neologisms, Academy of Athens Tel. +30 6976839000 _______________________________ -------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available Type: text/html Size: 15546 bytes Desc: not available URL: <https://mailman.uib.no/public/corpora/attachments/20150209/67cdf19a/attachment.txt>