[Corpora-List] 2nd CFP: Join the competition to unvocer plagiarism, authorship, and author personality

Martin Potthast martin.potthast at uni-weimar.de
Wed Feb 4 11:10:21 CET 2015

------------------------------------------------------------------------------- PAN 2015: Call for Participation -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We invite you to take part in one of the following shared tasks:

1. Plagiarism Detection -- Given a document, is it an original? This task studies source retrieval and text alignment, i.e. retrieving likely sources of a suspicious document, and aligning reused passages of text between them.

2. Author Identification -- Given a document, who wrote it? This task focuses on authorship verification and methods that tell us whether two given documents have the same author; a frequent challenge of forensic linguistics.

3. Author Profiling -- Given a document, what're its author's personal traits? This task is concerned with predicting an author's demographics from her Twitter tweets. For example, an author's style may reveal her age, gender, and personality.

Learn more at http://pan.webis.de.

PAN is held in conjunction with the CLEF'15 conference in Toulouse, France.

now open Registration Mar 1, 2015 Early bird software submission Apr 15, 2015 Final software submission May 31, 2015 Notebook submission Sep 8-11, 2015 Conference

Data submissions for Text Alignment

This year PAN will accept data submissions for text alignment so as to increase the diversity of the available corpora. Further details will be announced on the task's web page.

Software submissions.

After a great success with 106 submitted softwares from previous years, we are happy to announce that we will continue our initiative to invite software submissions using TIRA.

Benefits for early birds.

Submitting your software or your notebook early, as well as registering early for the conference will be rewarded. Check out the specific benefits on our web page at http://pan.webis.de