[Corpora-List] An ignorant question concerning the basics of statistical significance > REPRESENTATIVENESS

Jim Fidelholtz fidelholtz at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 21:47:52 CET 2015

Thanks for the URL, Detmar. In a similar vein, does anybody know if the (written) corpora for the American Heritage Dictionary (dating from 1969-5 million words) and/or the Thorndike-Lorge corpus from the 30s-40s (18 M words) are at all available? (Having worked decades ago at the Library of Congress on the T-L frequency dictionary and related books (eg, the Lorge ms leading to West?'s book, I doubt if that one exists, though I didn't search for it then. I also have my doubts about the AHD corpus (I am currently working on the AHD frequency dictionary), but good luck to me!

Jim

James L. Fidelholtz Posgrado en Ciencias del Lenguaje Instituto de Ciencias Sociales y Humanidades Benemérita Universidad Autónoma de Puebla, MÉXICO

On Tue, Feb 3, 2015 at 1:55 PM, Detmar Meurers <dm at sfs.uni-tuebingen.de> wrote:

-------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available Type: text/html Size: 1233 bytes Desc: not available URL: <https://mailman.uib.no/public/corpora/attachments/20150203/3178dbfd/attachment.txt>