[Corpora-List] A list of German N+N compounds and Licensing Questions

liling tan alvations at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 13:57:22 CEST 2015

Dear Corpora researchers/enthusiasts,

Thank you for your precious feedback on the resource and the legal/licensing issues.

I have went on and crawled a longer list of German compounds from canoo.net . If I mix them the crawled list with the list that I 'somehow compiled', would that resource still be openly license-able? I plan to put these lists under CC-Zero (https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/) so that anyone can use it for any purpose. Would that be possible?

If I were to add even more list of German words to the current list, does that still fall under the "*database protection" * of the source from which the list from (i.e. canoo.net)?

With regards to the copyrights and fair use that varies depending on countries? If the list is hosted on Github, does the fairuse clause follows the country where the Github server is hosted? Or does it fall under where the file was being pushed?

Currently the lists are hosted at https://github.com/alvations/DLTK/tree/master/composita

Best Regards, Liling -------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available Type: text/html Size: 2497 bytes Desc: not available URL: <https://mailman.uib.no/public/corpora/attachments/20150831/78ec4f84/attachment.txt>