[Corpora-List] A list of German N+N compounds and Licensing Questions

John F Sowa sowa at bestweb.net
Wed Aug 26 15:09:05 CEST 2015

On 8/26/2015 8:02 AM, liling tan wrote:
> The source of the list was from my own learning as I read online
> materials and listen to how people talk on the street. How can we
> open-source such materials compiled? Who holds the copyrights to
> such a list?

Authors own the copyright to anything they create, except parts for which other authors may hold a copyright. But nobody can copyright a single word that is common use. Your list does not contain more than isolated one-word excerpts from any source. It would not contain anything that anybody else could claim a copyright for. Therefore, you own the copyright to it. (Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer.)

And by the way, your list does look like a very useful resource. Someone might question how representative the list may be, but not your right to do anything you wish with it.

John