[Corpora-List] Coefficients in SVM models

Maximilian Haeussler max at soe.ucsc.edu
Fri Aug 21 10:23:56 CEST 2015

Hi Ken, random thought: in an environment like Weka, R or sklearn, you can change your classifier to a regression or decision tree based classifier by changing just a single line in your code. The weights of the regression and the decision tree are easy to interpret. You could use the regression for the analysis of the feature influence, while still doing the final classification with the SVM, (in case that the SVM is really far superior to the regression). You could use a lasso or elasticnet regressor and increase alpha to remove features, just like the L1 parameter for SMV's suggested by Hady.

cheers Max