[Corpora-List] Question about available corpora of research articles on the impact of global warming on organisms

Alexandra Ben... alexandra.ben.pro at live.fr
Sat Oct 25 19:13:09 CEST 2014

Dear list members,

I am a student of English linguistics at Paris 7, France, and I seeking help regarding available corpora of research articles in French and English.

I am planning to work on referential and intersubjective markers (hedges/ surprise) in evolutionary biology research articles. I’d like to do a contrastive study and analyze the differences and similarities in how researchers invest their knowledge. To this end I’d like to collect French and English comparable research articles in terms of readers and specificity dating from 2005 to 2015, all dealing with the impact of global warming on living organisms. I began gathering a few articles but I am also curious and would like to know if there are any available corpora that correspond to my project.

I would be grateful for any feedback and suggestions regarding the matter.

Kind regards,

Alexandra Benmeziani

You can send me an email : Alexandra.ben.pro at live.fr -------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available Type: text/html Size: 2318 bytes Desc: not available URL: <https://mailman.uib.no/public/corpora/attachments/20141025/ecb45990/attachment.txt>