[Corpora-List] Use of variables in a Spanish corpus

Mark Davies Mark_Davies at byu.edu
Mon Oct 20 15:13:33 CEST 2014

Mario,

>> We are studying the degree of repetition of certain word in comparative expressions in Spanish. I wonder if you know a Spanish corpus allowing the researcher to find expressions as it follows:

tan WORD.adv como lo WORD.adv Tan WORD.adj como lo WORD.adj Tant* WORD.noun como l* WORD.noun

>> For all cases, the token expressed as WORD must be the same, that is, that word occurs twice in the comparative structure.

>> We have tried MArk David Corpus and CREA, but in principle they do not allow to use variables with the same value.

This isn't possible via the publicly-accessible Corpus del Espanol web interface (www.corpusdelespanol.org), but I can easily generate it backend via SQL queries to the corpus.

Mark Davies

============================================ Mark Davies Professor of Linguistics / Brigham Young University http://davies-linguistics.byu.edu/

** Corpus design and use // Linguistic databases ** ** Historical linguistics // Language variation ** ** English, Spanish, and Portuguese ** ============================================

________________________________ From: corpora-bounces at uib.no <corpora-bounces at uib.no> on behalf of Mario Crespo Miguel <mario.crespo at uca.es> Sent: Monday, October 20, 2014 4:39 AM To: corpora at uib.no Cc: pedropablo.devis at uca.es Subject: [Corpora-List] Use of variables in a Spanish corpus

Dear members of corpora list,

We are studying the degree of repetition of certain word in comparative expressions in Spanish. I wonder if you know a Spanish corpus allowing the researcher to find expressions as it follows:

tan WORD.adv como lo WORD.adv Tan WORD.adj como lo WORD.adj Tant* WORD.noun como l* WORD.noun

For all cases, the token expressed as WORD must be the same, that is, that word occurs twice in the comparative structure.

We have tried MArk David Corpus and CREA, but in principle they do not allow to use variables with the same value.

Thank you very much in advance,

Mario Crespo

[UCA]

Mario Crespo Miguel Profesor Sustituto Interino Mario Crespo Miguel

Área de Lingüística Departamento de Filología Universidad de Cádiz

-------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available Type: text/html Size: 5128 bytes Desc: not available URL: <https://mailman.uib.no/public/corpora/attachments/20141020/e30a2dd3/attachment.txt>