The University of Hildesheim, Germany, Dept. for Information Science & Natural Language Processing offers a position as research assistant (TV-L E 13, 100%).
The employment is initially for one year as part of a maternity and parental leave replacement to work on a research project in Trend Mining in patents and scientific literature, a funded collaboration between the University of Hildesheim and FIZ Karlsruhe - Leibniz Institute for Information Infrastructure.
* A degree in Information Science or a related field (Master, Magister, or Diplom)
* Ability to work independently and to work in a small team environment, willingness to engage in interdisciplinary research work
* Excellent knowledge of English (Good knowledge of German is also desired)
* Programming skills (e.g. JAVA, C++, XML, GUI development)
* Knowledge in some of the following areas:
* Information Retrieval
* Text Mining
* Patents and Patent information systems
* Analysis of information needs and behaviour
* Usability Methods and Visualisation
The Endowment University of Hildesheim is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. Members of the under-represented gender are encouraged to apply.
Applications from applicants with a disability will be given preference if equally qualified.
For further enquiries please contact:
Prof. Dr. C. Womser-Hacker, E-Mail: womser at uni-hildesheim.de
The application should include the typical material (Cover Letter, CV, transcripts, publications)
Closing Date: October 20, 2014
Reference: Kennziffer 2014/83
Please send your application by mail to womser at uni-hildesheim.de