[Corpora-List] Question about expressions of intermediate meanings

Carita Paradis carita.paradis at englund.lu.se
Tue Oct 7 11:19:04 CEST 2014

Dear list members,

A fair amount of research has been carried out on expressions of binary opposites in language, but, as far as I know, very little has been carried out on expressions of intermediate meanings, i.e. form-meaning pairings related to the in-between zone, irrespective of whether this zone is a point/boundary or a range. I am curious to know if I have missed something important that might have been done on intermediates in English or any other language. I would be most grateful for pointers.

With best wishes,

Carita Paradis

Professor Carita Paradis, PhD Centre for Languages and Literature Lund University Box 201, SE-221 00 Lund

http://www.sol.lu.se/person/CaritaParadis P Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail -------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available Type: text/html Size: 2703 bytes Desc: not available URL: <https://mailman.uib.no/public/corpora/attachments/20141007/38a8b2ab/attachment.txt>