[Corpora-List] COLING 2014 Update - Invited Speakers, Social Programme, Call for Papers and More

John Judge jjudge at computing.dcu.ie
Fri Mar 14 16:11:28 CET 2014

********** Apologies for cross-posting **********

COLING 2014 http://www.coling-2014.org

Dublin, Ireland, 23-29 August, 2014

With St Patrick’s Day upon us many great landmarks around the world are turning green to honour the Patron Saint of Ireland and to shine a spotlight on the Emerald Isle. We’re very proud to host COLING here in Ireland this year so to mark the occasion we’re happy to share with you some highlights of this year’s event.

Invited speakers

The Programme Committee and Scientific Advisory Board have been working hard to ensure a varied and interesting range of invited talks for this year’s event. This work has proven quite fruitful and we’re pleased to announce Martin Kay (Stanford University), Qun Liu (CNGL) and Ted Gibson (MIT) as invited speakers for this year’s conference. The invited speaker programme is not complete yet, so be sure to keep an eye out for future announcements

Social Programme Announced In addition to the scientific programme, we have put a lot of effort into arranging a wide and varied social programme for our delegates. The Gala Dinner will take place on Tuesday August 26th in the Guinness Storehouse at the world famous St. James’ Gate Guinness Brewery. This is the most visited tourist attraction in Ireland, and offers our delegates an opportunity to visit this truly unique site which is internationally renowned and to enjoy some Irish hospitality. For more information see http://www.coling-2014.org/banquet.php .

An excursion day on the Wednesday of the conference is something of a COLING tradition and this year is no exception. With so many sights and attractions to see in Dublin and the surrounding areas deciding on a single trip was impossible. So for this year’s excursion day we’ve been creative. Delegates have a choice of 4 different destinations catering for lovers of history, culture, scenery and the city. Then all the excursions converge in the historical Dining Hall of Trinity College (which was founded by Queen Elizabeth I) in the heart of the city centre for lunch. After lunch delegates have time to explore the streets of Dublin; Grafton Street, Dublin’s main shopping area is right beside Trinity College and other popular attractions close by are Dublin Castle, the National Gallery, the Natural History Museum & Temple Bar. For more information see http://www.coling-2014.org/excursion.php .

Registration Opening Next Week COLING registration will be opening next week. Be sure to register early to avail of our Early Bird rates. Registration for the main conference as well as all Workshops and Tutorials will be done through a single site. For more information see http://www.coling-2014.org/registration.php and follow @Coling2014 on Twitter for updates.

Call for Papers:

The first call for papers for the main conference is open for another week. The deadline for paper submission is Friday March 21st at 23.59 UTC -12. This is a hard deadline, no extension will be offered. Papers should be prepared using the paper templates available here http://www.coling-2014.org/doc/coling2014.zip. For more information and instructions for authors see the call for papers here http://www.coling-2014.org/call-for-papers.php.

Sponsorship and Promotion Opportunities

With the tremendous impact and growth of COLING over many years, we have set out a comprehensive offering of corporate sponsorship and support opportunities for industry participants. The COLING 2014 organising committee is committed to working in close partnership with corporate supporters to maximise the benefits of sponsorship and provide opportunities for sponsors to engage appropriately with COLING delegates. With this in mind, if you wish to explore additional options for support or means of engagement with the COLING 2014 community please feel free to contact sponsorship at coling-2014.org.

-- John Judge

Research Fellow CNGL - The Centre for Global Intelligent Content META-NET CIO COLING 2014 Local Chair

Email: jjudge at computing.dcu.ie Phone: +353 1 700 6729 Skype: jjudge2 http://www.cngl.ie http://www.meta-net.eu http://www.coling-2014.org

Email Disclaimer "This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are intended solely for use by the addressee. Any unauthorised dissemination, distribution or copying of this message and any attachments is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender and delete the message. Any views or opinions presented in this email may solely be the views of the author and cannot be relied upon as being those of Dublin City University. E-mail communications such as this cannot be guaranteed to be virus free, timely, secure or error free and Dublin City University do not accept liability for any such matters or their consequences. Please consider the environment before printing this Email."