[Corpora-List] Temporal expression definition

Michele Filannino michele.filannino at cs.manchester.ac.uk
Tue Mar 11 19:54:56 CET 2014

Hi Olivier,

a temporal expression is defined in:

- Setzer, A. Temporal Information in Newswire Articles; An Annotation

Scheme and Corpus Study. PhD thesis, University of Sheffield, 2001.<ftp://ftp.dcs.shef.ac.uk/home/robertg/theses/setzer_thesis.pdf>

- Lisa Ferro, Robyn Kozierok, Laurie Gerber, Beth Sundheim, Inderjeet

Mani, and George Wilson. 2002. Annotating temporal information: from theory

to practice. In Proceedings of the second international conference on Human

Language Technology Research (HLT '02). Morgan Kaufmann Publishers Inc.,

San Francisco, CA, USA, 226-230.<http://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=1289202>

-

http://www.timeml.org/tempeval2/tempeval2-trial/guidelines/timex3guidelines-072009.pdf (section

2)

The annotation standard for temporal information (temporal expressions, events and temporal links) is ISO-TimeML. If you are interested in temporal information extraction systems I suggest you to have a look at TempEval-3 challenge:

-

http://aclweb.org/aclwiki/index.php?title=Temporal_Expression_Recognition_and_Normalisation_(State_of_the_art)

- http://derczynski.com/sheffield/papers/tempeval-3.pdf

I hope it will help, michele.