Legal Phraseology and Specialised Meanings in Multilingual Settings
Stanisław Goźdź-Roszkowski (University of Łódź)
Gianluca Pontrandolfo (University of Trieste)
The editors invite submissions that present innovative studies addressing empirical/data-driven investigations on phraseological patterns in legal discourse/institutional settings, especially from a contrastive, cross-linguistic and corpus perspective. Special emphasis should be placed on the role of phraseological items and patterns in expressing and encoding specialised meanings, including social, interactive and cognitive aspects linked to knowledge maintenance structure and transfer, generic integrity and variation.
*Possible topics include but are not limited to the following:*
- 1. How phraseological patterns reflect conceptual knowledge
frames, scripts and mental models in which legal terms are embedded;
- 2. How phraseology is used to express evaluation, evidentiality
- 3. How phraseological patterns can be used to examine variation
in legal genres;
- 4. How phraseology can contribute to maintaining generic
- 5. The relationship between terminology and phraseology in legal
- 6. Data-driven studies on traditional phraseological patterns
(e.g. lexical collocations, lexical bundles, routine formulae, doublets and
- 7. Phraseology and legal translation;
- 8. Translation-oriented studies of phraseological patterns;
- 9. Translated vs. non-translated legal phraseology;
*Language of the publication: *Papers should be submitted in *English*.
*15 June 2014 - *Submission of *abstracts* to legalphraseology2015 at gmail.com
Abstracts of up to 700 words (exclusive of references) should clearly state research questions, approach, method, data and (expected) results.
*15 July 2014 - *Notification of *acceptance*
*1 January 2015 - *A *journal-ready paper* for review to be submitted by email
*Mid-November 2015 - **Publication*
-- Prof. nadzw. dr hab. Stanislaw Goźdź-Roszkowski Associate Professor Department of Translation Studies, University of Lodz [Zakład Translatoryki, Uniwersytet Łódzki] Institute of English Studies (Instytut Anglistyki) Kościuszki 65, 90-514 Lodz, Poland tel/fax 48 42 6655220 http://anglistyka.uni.lodz.pl/ZT?stanislaw_gozdzroszkowski -------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available Type: text/html Size: 10451 bytes Desc: not available URL: <https://mailman.uib.no/public/corpora/attachments/20140305/4dc64fd0/attachment.txt>