Second Call for Papers for KONVENS 2014 ===========================================
Main conference: October 8 - 10, 2014 Workshops: October 6 - 7, 2014
Venue: Hildesheim, Germany
The 12th edition of KONVENS, the bi-annual conference sponsored by the German Society for Computational Linguistics (GSCL), the special interest group on computational linguistics within the German Linguistics Society (DGfS-CL), and the Austrian Society for Artificial Intelligence (ÖGAI), will take place in Hildesheim, Germany, on October 8-10, 2014. The Conference on Natural Language Processing ("Konferenz zur Verarbeitung Natürlicher Sprache", KONVENS) seeks to offer a broad perspective on current research and developments within the interdisciplinary field of Natural Language Processing. It provides a forum for researchers from all disciplines relevant to this field of research to present their work.
The overall theme of the 2014 conference will be
"Information science and language technology: interaction - co-operation - synergies"
which reflects the interests of the host institution in exploring connections between information science and computational linguistics/Natural Language Processing. Specific topics that we invite contributions on:
- Analysis of subjective language (Opinion Mining / Sentiment Analysis),
- Information Retrieval and Information Extraction,
- Methods and resources for evaluating IR/IE,
- NLP for User-Generated Content,
- Usability and user interaction with language tools.
Besides the above topics, we also invite contributions in the area of computational linguistics that are unrelated to the above themes.
In terms of presentation formats, the conference will feature regular research papers (full papers) as well as posters and system demonstrations (short papers). Besides the foregoing formats for unpublished research, we also accept nectar track papers, i.e. we have a track giving top-researchers the opportunity to present a summary of their most significant results from the last two years to the community.
KONVENS 2014 is organized by the Institute for Information Science and Natural Language Processing at Hildesheim University. The area of opinion mining / sentiment analysis is organized in collaboration with the PATHOS series of workshops. The conference is aimed at an international audience. Conference languages are English and German.
Konvens will feature several keynote addresses related to the central themes of the conference. Our invited speakers include:
* Jacques Savoy, Université de Neuchâtel, Switzerland
* Hinrich Schütze, Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München, Germany
* Benno Stein, Bauhaus-Universität Weimar, Germany
* Jan Wiebe, University of Pittsburgh, United States
Besides the main conference, there are several pre-conference workshops planned, which will issue their own Calls for Papers. These workshops will concern:
* Computer-mediated communication
* Interactions of Information Science, ICALL, NLP and E-Lexicography
* Patent Mining
* Shared Task on Named Entity Recognition in German
* Shared Task on Source and Target Extraction in German
We welcome three types of contributions:
* Full papers for oral presentation (eight (8) pages of content, plus two (2) extra pages for references),
* Short papers for presentation as posters or software demonstrations (four (4) pages of content, plus two (2) extra pages for references),
* Nectar track (eight (8) pages of content, plus two (2) extra pages for references).
Short papers/posters can be combined with a system demonstration. Reviews will be anonymous. Accepted full and short papers will be published in the conference proceedings.
Submissions should not exceed the page limits specified above. Submission will be electronic, managed by the EasyChair system. The only accepted format for submitting papers is PDF. For more information and formatting guidelines please also see the Submissions page on the conference website.
As the review process will be anonymous, your submission must not include the author(s) name(s) and affiliation(s), or other indications of the author(s) identity. If you encounter a submission problem or in case you have any questions, please contact the local organizers (konvens2014 at uni-hildesheim.de).
* May 9, 2014 Paper submissions due
* June 20, 2014 Notification of acceptance
* August 1, 2014 Camera-ready copy due
* Alexandra Balahur (EU Joint Research Centre, Ispra)
* Chris Biemann (Technische Universität Darmstadt)
* Bernd Bohnet (University of Birmingham)
* Stephan Busemann (DFKI)
* Béatrice Daille (Université de Nantes)
* Stefanie Elbeshausen (Universität Hildesheim)
* Stefan Evert (Universität Erlangen)
* Nobert Fuhr (Universität Duisburg-Essen)
* Josef van Genabith (Universität des Saarlandes/DFKI)
* Stefan Gindl (Modul Universität Wien)
* Joachim Griesbaum (Universität Hildesheim)
* Ben Heuwing (Universität Hildesheim)
* Erhard Hinrichs (Universität Tübingen)
* Hanmin Jung (KISTI)
* Manfred Klenner (Universität Zürich)
* Udo Kruschwitz (University of Essex)
* Sandra Kübler (Indiana University)
* Jonas Kuhn (Universität Stuttgart)
* Johannes Leveling (Dublin City University)
* Anke Lüdeling (Humboldt Universität zu Berlin)
* Katja Markert (University of Leeds)
* Karo Moilanen (Oxford University / TheySay Ltd.)
* Gerard de Melo (Tsinghua University)
* Preslav Nakov (Qatar Computing Research Institute)
* Günter Neumann (DFKI)
* Sebastian Padó (Universität Stuttgart)
* Manfred Pinkal (Universität des Saarlandes)
* Adam Przepiórkowski (Polish Academy of Sciences)
* Ines Rehbein (Universität Potsdam)
* Robert Remus (Universität Leipzig)
* Eric Ringger (Brigham Young University)
* Marc Rittberger (DIPF)
* Thomas Schmidt (IDS Mannheim)
* Sabine Schulte Im Walde (Universität Stuttgart)
* Caroline Sporleder (Universität Trier)
* Angelika Storrer (Technische Universität Dortmund)
* Ivan Titov (Universiteit van Amsterdam)
* Yannick Versley (Universität Heidelberg)
* Martin Volk (Universität Zürich)
* Michael Wiegand (Universität des Saarlandes)
* Torsten Zesch (Universität Duisburg-Essen)
* Heike Zinsmeister (Universität Hamburg)
WEBSITE: http://www.uni-hildesheim.de/konvens2014 E-MAIL: konvens2014 at uni-hildesheim.de