*Call for Workshop Proposals*
RANLP-2015: 10th International Conference on
Recent Advances in Natural Language Processing
Main conference: 7-9 September 2015
Workshops: 10-11 September 2015 (Thursday-Friday)
Augusta SPA Hotel, Hissar, Bulgaria
Following the workshops held in conjunction with the International Conferences "Recent Advances in Natural Language Processing" RANLP-2005, RANLP-2007, RANLP-2009, RANLP-2011, and RANLP-2013, we are pleased to announce a call for workshop proposals for RANLP-2015.
RANLP-2015 invites workshop proposals on any topic of interest to the Natural Language Processing (NLP) community, ranging from fundamental research issues to more applied industrial or commercial aspects. The format of each workshop will be determined by its organisers. Workshops can vary in length from a half day to full 1-2 days and can also feature demo sessions. Accepted workshops will receive one free registration to RANLP-2015 (full registration including tutorials, workshop, conference, reception, conference dinner).
The workshops will take place in the AUGUSTA SPA Hotel, Hissar, the main RANLP-2015 conference venue. If more than 10 workshops are selected, the RANLP-2015 organisers will provide space in some of the neighbouring hotels in Hissar.
Workshop proposals due: 28 February 2015
Workshop selection: 15 March 2015
Workshop website due: 28 March 2015
Workshop paper submission deadline (suggested): 26 June 2015
Workshop paper acceptance notification (suggested): 25 July 2015
Workshop paper camera-ready versions (suggested): 9 August 2015
Workshop camera-ready proceedings ready (suggested): 16 August 2015
Workshops: 10-11 September 2015
Proposals should be no longer than five pages and should contain the following:
1. Title and brief technical description of the workshop, specifying the goals and the technical issues that it will focus on;
2. Brief description of the target audience, including estimates of the numbers of submissions and attendees (a tentative list of potential contributors would be useful);
3. List of related workshops/events held in the last three years or to be held in 2015;
4. Tentative workshop program committee;
5. Names and contact information (web page, email address) of the proposed organising committee;
6. Description of the experience of the proposed organisers in the workshop topics and in organising workshops or related events.
The workshop Organising Committee is responsible for the following:
· Workshop website;
· Call for papers/participation;
· Paper submission, review process, authors notification, audio/visual requirements;
· Verifying the camera-ready copies, providing electronic conference proceedings, generated with the conference management system.
Workshop invited speakers: If the workshop organisers intend to host an invited talk, it is recommended that they invite somebody from the main conference keynote speakers or participants. If the workshop organisers decide to invite another speaker, it is very likely that the workshop organisers will have to secure financial support for this speaker.
The RANLP-2015 Organising Committee is responsible for the following:
· Link to a workshop's web page;
· Publishing the workshop proceedings;
· Providing the workshop venue;
· Registration, audio/visual support, coffee breaks, registration facilities, Internet access.
WORKSHOP PROPOSAL SUBMISSION
Workshop proposals in PDF format should be e-mailed to Kiril Simov <kivs[AT]bultreebank[dot]org> and cc'ed to <ranlp2015[AT]lml[dot]bas[dot]bg>
Submitted proposals will be reviewed with respect to the following criteria:
* Relevance, importance, and timeliness of the topics;
* Completeness, clarity, and quality of the workshop proposal;
* Experience of the organisers in the proposed topics;
* Viability of the workshop.
THE TEAM BEHIND RANLP-2015
Galia Angelova, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, Bulgaria (OC Chair)
Kalina Bontcheva, University of Sheffield, UK
Ruslan Mitkov, University of Wolverhampton, UK (PC Chair)
Preslav Nakov, Qatar Computing Research Institute, Qatar Foundation, Qatar
Nikolai Nikolov, INCOMA Ltd., Shoumen, Bulgaria
Ivelina Nikolova, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, Bulgaria
Kiril Simov, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, Bulgaria (Workshop coordinator)
Irina Temnikova, Qatar Computing Research Institute, Qatar Foundation, Qatar
-- *Irina P. Temnikova, B.A., M.A., Ph.D.*
Qatar Computing Research Institute
<http://www.qcri.qa/> http://pers-www.wlv.ac.uk/~in0290/ ------------------------------- -------------------------------- --------------------- *If you want to build a ship, don't drum up the men to gather wood, divide the work and give orders. Instead, teach them to yearn for the vast and endless sea. (Antoine de Saint-Exupery)* -------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available Type: text/html Size: 11500 bytes Desc: not available URL: <https://mailman.uib.no/public/corpora/attachments/20141215/fbbf098b/attachment.txt>