[Corpora-List] Corpus methods for prosodic analysis

Matías Guzmán Naranjo mortem.dei at gmail.com
Wed Apr 16 08:35:02 CEST 2014

Dear all,

I found a strong correlation between what seems are sentence boundaries (in this case marked as punctuation marks), and a particular morphological alternation. Now I want to actually check for prosodic patterns in an oral corpus and see whether the correlation is actually there or if it's just because of idiosyncrasies of how the transcriber annotated the corpus.

My question is this, are there any techniques for doing this automatically? Something like say, manually splitting the audio files in the relevant text units, but automatically doing an F0 analysis, or something similar. Also, is there any previous research that does this?

Thanks for your help,

Matías -------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available Type: text/html Size: 773 bytes Desc: not available URL: <https://mailman.uib.no/public/corpora/attachments/20140416/f23a27a6/attachment.txt>