============================================================== Call for Participation 4th Lisbon Machine Learning School - "Learning with Big Data" ==============================================================
We invite everyone interested in Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing to attend the 4th Lisbon Machine Learning School - LxMLS 2014.
Important Dates ---------------
* * Application Deadline: April 15, 2014** * * Decision: May 15, 2014
* Early Registration: June 15, 2014
* Summer School: July 22-29, 2014
Topics and Intended Audience ---------------
The school will cover a range of Machine Learning (ML) topics, from theory to practice, that are important in solving Natural Language Processing (NLP) problems that arise in the analysis and use of Web data.
Our target audience is:
* Researchers and graduate students in the fields of NLP and Computational Linguistics;
* Computer scientists who have interests in statistics and machine learning;
* Industry practitioners who desire a more in depth understanding of these subjects.
Features of LxMLS:
* No deep previous knowledge of ML or NLP is assumed;
* Recommended reading will be provided in advance;
* Includes a strong practical component;
* A day zero is scheduled to review basic concepts and introduce the necessary tools for implementation exercises;
* Days will be divided into tutorials and practical sessions (view schedule);
* Both basic and advanced topics will be covered;
* Instructors are leading researchers in machine learning.
List of Confirmed Speakers ---------------
RYAN MCDONALD Google Inc. | USA NOAH SMITH Carnegie Mellon University | USA XAVIER CARRERAS Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya | Spain SLAV PETROV Google Inc. | USA CHRIS DYER Carnegie Mellon University | USA RICHARD SOCHER Stanford University | USA ANDREAS MUELLER Amazon | Germany ARIADNA QUATTONI Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya | Spain DIPANJAN DAS Google Inc. | USA IVAN TITOV University of Amsterdam | Netherlands PHIL BLUNSOM University of Oxford | UK LUIS PEDRO COELHO European Molecular Biology Laboratory | Germany MÁRIO FIGUEIREDO Instituto de Telecomunicações | Portugal
Please visit our webpage for up to date information: http://lxmls.it.pt/2014.
To apply, please fill the form in https://lxmls.wufoo.com/forms/application-form/. Any questions should be directed to: lxmls-2014 at lx.it.pt.
We are looking forward to your participation!
-- The organizers of LxMLS'2014.
-------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available Type: text/html Size: 3690 bytes Desc: not available URL: <https://mailman.uib.no/public/corpora/attachments/20140410/6cbb052d/attachment.txt>