[Corpora-List] Building a corpus from Twitter & Tw's privacy concerns

Adam Kilgarriff adam at lexmasterclass.com
Thu Jul 18 10:26:04 CEST 2013

Miles,

> acts as a barrier to research. Additionally one could argue that
preventing people from having access to static Tweet corpora
> undermines doing reproducible research.

You can argue all you like but it's a bit irrelevant - the data privacy battleground is the whole wide world, with hi-tech companies, politicians and the media playing for big prizes, and they really won't care one jot what us worker ants think (or if they trample us)

adam