[Corpora-List] WSD / # WordNet senses / Mechanical Turk

John F Sowa sowa at bestweb.net
Thu Jul 18 00:09:19 CEST 2013

On 7/17/2013 5:43 PM, maxwell wrote:
> Miss Elliott is sending several of us to the Principal.

I'm sorry I mentioned Miss Elliott. She was actually one of the best teachers I ever had. She was ruthless in circling mistakes, typos, and infelicities with red ink. But I learned more about writing from her than from any other teacher.

In fact, K-12 education today is less effective than it used to be, partly because intelligent women in her day had few other options.

John