CALL FOR PAPERS The 6th Language and Technology Conference (LTC 2013), a meeting organized by the Faculty of Mathematics and Computer Science of Adam Mickiewicz University, Poznan, Poland in cooperation with the Adam Mickiewicz University Foundation, will take place on December 7-9, 2013.
Since very beginning the meetings of the LTC series continue to address Human Language Technologies (HLT) as a challenge for computer science, linguistics and related fields. Fostering language technologies and resources remains an important mission in the dynamically changing information-saturated world. We aim at contributing to this mission and we invite you to join us in that at LTC 2013 in December 2013, traditionally held in Poznań, Poland.
CONFERENCE TOPICS The conference topics include the following (the ordering is not significant):
* electronic language resources and tools
* formalization of natural languages
* parsing and other forms of NL processing
* computer modeling of language competence
* NL user modeling
* NL understanding by computers
* knowledge representation
* man-machine NL interfaces
* Logic Programming in Natural Language Processing
* speech processing
* NL applications in robotics
* text-based information retrieval and extraction
* question answering
* tools and methodologies for developing multilingual systems
* translation enhancement tools
* corpora-based methods in language engineering
* WordNet-like ontologies
* methodological issues in HLT
* language-specific computational challenges for HLTs (especially for
languages other than English)
* validation in all areas of HLTs
* HLT standards and best practices
* HLTs as a support for foreign language teaching
* HLTs as support for e-learning
* communicative intelligence
* NLP methods in cyber-criminality detection and prevention
* legal issues connected with HLTs (problems and challenges)
* contribution of HLTs to the Homeland Security problems (technology
applications and legal aspects)
* visionary papers in the field of HLT
* HLT related policies
* system prototype presentations
This list is by no means closed and we are open to further proposals. Please do not hesitate to contact us with new suggestions and ideas. Please help us to understand how to best satisfy your expectations concerning the program. We are open to suggestions concerning accompanying events (workshops, exhibits, panels, etc). Suggestions, ideas and observations may be addressed directly to the LTC Chair by email (vetulani at amu.edu.pl <mailto:vetulani at amu.edu.pl>).
LANGUAGE: The conference language is English
CONTACT: ltc13 at amu.edu.pl or vetulani at amu.edu.pl
PAPER SUBMISSION The conference accepts papers in English. Papers (5 formatted pages in the conference format) are due by September 4, 2013 (midnight, any time zone) and should not disclose the author(s) in any manner. In order to facilitate submission we have decided to reduce the formatting requirements as much as possible at this stage. Please, have a look at www.ltc.amu.edu.pl (Paper Submission section).
All submissions are to be made electronically via the LTC 2013 web submission system (EasyChair). Acceptance/rejection notification will be sent by September 25, 2013. The Word template (ELRA/LREC based format) is available from http://www.ltc.amu.edu.pl (Paper Submission section).
PUBLICATION POLICY Acceptance will be based on the reviewers' assessments (anonymous submission model). The accepted papers will be published in the conference proceedings (hard copy, with ISBN number) and on CD-ROM. The abstracts of the accepted contributions will also be made available via the conference page (during its lifetime). Publication requires full electronic registration and payment of the conference fee (full registration) by at least one of the co-authors before October 23, 2013.
A post-conference volume with extended versions of selected papers is planned to be published. As this was the case for the last three conferences, we intend to publish them in the Springer series Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence.
IMPORTANT DATES/DEADLINES * Deadline for submission of papers for review: September 4, 2013 * Acceptance/Rejection notification: September 25, 2013 * Deadline for submission of final versions of accepted papers: October 9, 2013 * Conference: December 7-9, 2013
REGISTRATION Only electronic registration will be possible. Details will be published at www.ltc.amu.edu.pl.
AWARDS FOR BEST STUDENT PAPERS As at the 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th Language and Technology Conferences (2005, 2007, 2009, 2011) special awards will be granted to the best student papers. The regular or PhD students (on the date of paper submission) are concerned. More details at www.ltc.amu.edu.pl.
OTHER Much more important information is or will be provided at the conference site www.ltc.amu.edu.pl. Please check this site from time to time and do not hesitate to ask questions through ltc13 at amu.edu.pl.
Zygmunt Vetulani and Hans Uszkoreit LTC 2013 Co-Chairs