[Corpora-List] Assistant Professor job posting - Department of Linguistics, University at Buffalo, SUNY

Rui Chaves rchaves at buffalo.edu
Fri Jul 12 00:26:33 CEST 2013

[Apologies for cross-postings]

The Department of Linguistics at the University at Buffalo anticipates hiring a tenure-track Assistant Professor beginning Fall 2014. We are looking for someone with a strong research record in the application of corpus, computational, or quantitative methods to the study of language, particularly in the area of syntax. Additional specializations are welcome. The successful applicant will be expected to teach courses at all levels as well as serve on thesis committees, establish and maintain a robust research program, pursue external funding when available and provide service to the University and discipline. We will begin to review applications on November 1, 2013 and will continue until the position is filled. Applicants should submit electronically a letter of application, Curriculum Vitae, and three letters of reference at the application URL (http://ubjobs.buffalo.edu). Research statement and samples of work are required for a complete application. They may be attached via the UB Jobs automated system, or sent under separate cover by email to sysell at buffalo.edu.

The University at Buffalo is an AA/EO employer; we encourage applications from all sectors, including underrepresented groups.

-- _________________________________________________ Rui P. Chaves, PhD Assistant Professor Department of Linguistics, University at Buffalo - SUNY