[Corpora-List] SLPAT 2013 Registration is now open!

Frank Rudzicz frank at cs.toronto.edu
Mon Jul 8 13:43:12 CEST 2013

SLPAT 2013 Registration is now open!

SLPAT 2013 - 4th annual ACL/ISCA workshop on Speech and Language Processing for Assistive Technologies (SLPAT)

21 and 22 August 2013, Grenoble France (satellite event of Interspeech 2013).

Register now at - http://dr11.azur-colloque.cnrs.fr/pre-inscription.php?colloque=106 <http://dr11.azur-colloque.cnrs.fr/pre-inscription.php?colloque=106&lang=en> &lang=en

(Early bird rates up to 4 August)

Full details: http://slpat.org/slpat2013

Contact: slpat2013.workshop at gmail.com

The preliminary programme has now been posted at http://www.slpat.org/slpat2013/program.html

User Panel:

Following the format of the three previous SLPAT workshops, we will have a unique panel discussion involving not only those working on researching and developing assistive technologies, but also consumers of these technologies. This "user panel" has been a highlight of all previous workshops. Participants will have the unique opportunity to see and listen user interacting with some dedicated technology and to ask questions to this users panel.

Smart-home Tour:

This year we will also have a tour of the "smart home" of the Laboratoire d'Informatique de Grenoble. This smart home, called "DOMUS," is a tool for the researchers working on smart space and ambient intelligence.

SLPAT 2013 will be co-located with the 1st Workshop on Affective Social Speech Signals (WASSS, http://wasss-2013.imag.fr/, which takes place on 22 and 23 August 2013). Participation in both workshops will be facilitated by reduced registration fees for double-registration (rather than registering for both individually), co-ordination of topics on the overlapping day (22 August) to enable participation in both, and common lunch and events combining the two communities.

We look forward to welcome you in Grenoble!

Regards,

Organizing Committee, SLPAT13

Frank Rudzicz, PhD.

Scientist, Toronto Rehabilitation Institute;

Assistant professor, Department of Computer Science,

University of Toronto;

Founder and Chief Science Officer, Thotra Incorporated

>> <http://www.cs.toronto.edu/~frank> http://www.cs.toronto.edu/~frank
(personal)

-------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available Type: text/html Size: 6820 bytes Desc: not available URL: <https://mailman.uib.no/public/corpora/attachments/20130708/a75207d8/attachment.txt>