[Corpora-List] Researcher Position in Natural Language Processing

Stefan Bordag bordag at exb.de
Wed Jul 3 12:06:14 CEST 2013

RESEARCHER POSITION IN NATURAL LANGUAGE PROCESSING

ExB Research and Development GmbH

ExB Research & Development GmbH is a quickly growing team of researchers and developers in Leipzig. The company belongs to the international ExB Group which is based in Munich, Leipzig and Taipei.

ExB, inventor of petitpetit (PTPT), has had the most successful and most active year in its history. The ExB Group drives the evolution of today´s increasingly digital life and business through the development and commercialization of technologies which make the interaction between men and information through devices more intuitive and natural. All of ExB´s developments rely on the functioning principles of the human mind: our products and solutions are inspired by cognitive neuroscience, computational linguistics and artificial intelligence. Because of their inherent power and commercial exploitation potential, ExB’s solutions and technologies act as business drivers for the industry: thus, ExB acts not only as a technology pioneer but also as an ecosystem enabler, paving a new way of modeling knowledge and information that makes complex technologies more usable.

We offer exceptionally challenging research tasks in collaboration with a great team, an attractive salary, flexible working hours and the opportunity to work from home.

For our continuous growth we are looking for: Researcher Natural Language Processing

Your tasks - Design and implement accurate and efficient software applications for information extraction and tagging - Design and develop varied evaluations and tools for producing evaluations - Maintain and improve the performance of our existing NLP systems

Requirements - Experience in Natural Language Processing, especially with Information Extraction and tagging. - Good understanding of statistical approaches and machine learning - Good Java programming skills - Familiarity with Linux - Excellent communication skills in English

German language skills are no requirement.

The following would be advantageous: - PhD (or equivalent R&D experience) in Computational Linguistics or Natural Language Processing - Experience with processing huge data sets - Experience with making solutions super-efficient - Knowledge of several languages

Contact Person Stefan Bordag – Head of Research E-Mail:bordag at exb.de

www.exb.de www.ptpt.de

Find us on:http://www.facebook.com/PTPT.de & http://www.youtube.com/user/petitpetitTV

-- Dr. Stefan Bordag Head of Research ExB Research & Development GmbH Seeburgstr. 100 | 04103 Leipzig | Germany

Phone +49.341.30854851 | Fax +49.89.550673.41 Mobile +49.176.70857605 | email: bordag at exb.de

HRB 184556, Registergericht München Geschäftsführer: Nicola Pizzoni UStd-ID Nr: DE-209346179

This email and any attachments are confidential, except where the email states it can be disclosed. If received in error, please do not disclose the contents to anyone, but notify the sender by return email and delete this email (and any attachments) from your system. The sender of this email is active for various members of the ExB Group. This email may, therefore, be sent in the name of different ExB entities.