[Corpora-List] Position for a Corpus/Computational Linguist at Transline Deutschland, Reutlingen

Hannes Widmann hanneswidmann at aol.com
Mon Jul 1 00:12:56 CEST 2013

Transline is a leading language service provider. Multi-lingual communication is our passion. With our knowledge and with over 25 years of experience in the areas of translation and product documentation, we help our customers to be successful in foreign language markets all over the world. For our quality assurance department (QA), we are looking for a

Quality Assurance Analyst (m/f)

Formal, software-based language checks are not possible? Our QA team will convince you of the opposite! We are looking forward to having a further team member who can check translations into all world languages with a clear eye for identifying critical errors. Moreover, the QA team is responsible for process reliability throughout the entire production chain and for the increasing automation of all processes with the help of language technology.

Your tasks: - optimization of the use cases of the QA tools - development of suitable, customer-related QA routines - formalization of QA routines and integration with our software systems - analysis of error sources and initiation of innovation processes - instigation of work groups to work on QA-relevant topics - general QA checks with our QA tools

What we offer: - a dynamic team with a great team spirit - a work environment with flat hierarchies where you can bring in new ideas every day - a competitive salary

Required skills: - preferably a degree in corpus/computational linguistics - ability to communicate fluently in German and English - good knowledge of 1 further language - excellent knowledge of linguistic structures

- word formation patterns

- syntax patterns

- numerical and physical units - ability to turn linguistic structures into formal pattern checks

- experience with corpus-based pattern matching technologies

- knowledge of formal logic

- knowledge of regular expressions - knowledge of language technologies that are relevant to translation purposes - commitment to close team work - flexibility and dedication to customer requirements

Location: 72766 Reutlingen, Germany

Closing date: open until filled, preferably before October 2013.

Please send your application (letter of motivation and CV) to karriere at transline.de

If you have any questions, feel free to contact Mr Johannes Widmann Am Heilbrunnen 47 D-72766 Reutlingen jwidmann at transline.de www.transline.de