TALN'2013 20th Conference on Natural Language Processing Atlantes Congress Center in Sables D'Olonne, France, June 17-21
IMPORTANT DATES --------------- - Long paper :
- Paper submission deadline: February 1, 2013
- Paper accept/reject notification: March 8, 2013
- Camera ready paper due: April 12, 2013
- Short paper and demonstration:
- Paper submission deadline: March 22, 2013
- Paper accept/reject notification: April 26, 2013
- Camera ready paper due: May 15, 2013
PRESENTATION ------------ Organized by the NLP team of the LINA (Nantes-Atlantic Computer Science Laboratory) and the LST team of the LIUM (Computer Science Laboratory of the University of Maine), the 20th Conference on Natural Language Processing (TALN) will take place from 17th till the 21st June 2013 at the Atlantes Congress Center, Sables D'Olonne, France. TALN'2013 is organised under the aegis of ATALA (Association pour le Traitement Automatique des Langues) and will be held jointly with the RECITAL'2013, the conference for young researchers (separated call for papers).
TALN'2013 will include oral presentations of research and position papers, posters, invited speakers and demonstrations. The official language is French. English presentations and papers are accepted for non-French-speaking authors.
TYPES OF COMMUNICATIONS ----------------------- Two communication formats are proposed: long papers (from 12 to 14 pages) and short papers (from 6 to 8 pages).
Authors are invited to submit two types of communications: 1) original research work, 2) position paper on the current state of the research work.
There will also be two presentation formats: Oral for long papers and Poster for short papers.
TOPICS ------ We invite the submission of original papers on all aspects and applications of NLP, including (but not restricted to): - Analysis and generation in the following domains:
- Discourse - Development of language resources for NLP:
- Databases containing morphological, syntactic,
semantic, and/or phonological information
- Corpus linguistics - NLP applications:
- Opinion and Sentiment Analysis
- Automatic Classification or Categorization
- Word Sense Disambiguation
- Human machine dialogue
- Computer-assisted language learning
- Automatic Indexing
- Information Retrieval and Extraction
- Anaphora resolution
- Machine Translation
- Semantic Web - Approaches:
- Formal Linguistics to support automatic processing
- Automatic processing for experimental linguistics
- Computational psycholinguistics
- Based on Machine Learning - Position paper on the current state of the research work
SELECTION CRITERIA ------------------ Submissions will be reviewed by at least two experts of the domain.
For research papers, decisions will be based on the following criteria: - relevance to the conference topics, - importance and originality of the paper, - scientific and technical soundness, - comparison of the results obtained with those found in relevant works, - situation of the research in comparison with international work, - clarity of the presentation.
For position papers, decisions will be based on the following criteria: - originality of the point of view presented, - breadth of view and the taking into account of the state-of-the-art.
The selected communications will be published in the conference proceedings.
The program committee will select one paper (TALN Best Paper) among the accepted papers which will be recommended for publication (extended form) in the journal "Traitement Automatique des Langues" (T.A.L.).
SUBMISSION PROCEDURE -------------------- Papers will be written in French for French-speaking authors or English for non-French-speaking authors.
A LaTeX style file and a Word templateare available on the conference website: www.taln2013.org/.
Contact : emmanuel.morin at univ-nantes.fr and yannick.esteve at lium.univ-lemans.fr