[Corpora-List] spotting names of drugs

Ken Litkowski ken
Tue Jan 8 18:34:43 CET 2013

The Unified Medical Language System <http://www.nlm.nih.gov/research/umls/index.html> has all the medical terminology one would ever want. It includes a component, RxNorm <http://www.nlm.nih.gov/research/umls/rxnorm/index.html>, that provides a pretty thorough starting point for drug names. Although these vast resources are essentially free in the U.S., there may be some restrictions outside the U.S.