[Corpora-List] Open source HMM POS tagger

Fatemeh Torabi Asr torabiasr
Mon Jan 7 11:37:41 CET 2013

Dear all,

I'm looking for an open source efficient HMM POS tagger to run it for something like an artificial language. I would like it to be configurable for different sizes of N-grams, taking the list of possible tags and a dictionary (small tagged corpus) and then could be trained on a large corpus of un-annotated text. I also wonder if any of the existing *HMM-based* POS taggers consider word features (not only the word content but instead a feature vector of the observable properties of the word in the un-labled text, e.g., some semantic features attached to the word frame). So, it would be great if an state-of-the-art HMM tagger implementation is already available considering such a representation of the states.

Best, Fatemeh -------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available Type: text/html Size: 1053 bytes Desc: not available URL: <https://mailman.uib.no/public/corpora/attachments/20130107/94a93823/attachment.txt>