[Corpora-List] AT&T Labs - Research, Researcher and Research Software Engineer Positions

Amanda Stent stent
Wed Jan 2 15:57:07 CET 2013

AT&T Labs - Research

Researcher and Research Software Engineer Positions

AT&T Research, one of the premier industrial research laboratories in the world, is looking for talented individuals to make a difference in the world of communications. Our researchers and research software engineers are dedicated to solving real problems in speech and language processing, and are involved in inventing, creating and deploying innovative services. We also explore fundamental research problems in these areas. Outstanding Ph.D.-level candidates at all levels of experience are encouraged to apply. Candidates must demonstrate excellence in research, a collaborative spirit and strong communication and software skills.

Areas of particular interest are

* Large-vocabulary automatic speech recognition

* Acoustic and language modeling

* Robust speech recognition

* Signal processing

* Text-to-speech synthesis

* Natural language understanding and dialog

* Machine translation (speech and text)

* Speaker biometrics

* Voice and multimodal search

* Software engineering for speech and language processing

Speech and language positions are based in Bedminster, NJ; New York, NY; and Middletown, NJ (note: we are moving from our Florham Park office).

Outstanding PhD-level candidates at all levels of experience and experienced M.S. candidates are encouraged to apply. Interviews will be conducted in early 2013. For more information, visit http://www.research.att.com/ and click on "Working with us", or access the page directly:

http://www.research.att.com/evergreen/working_with_us/careers.html

Candidates must demonstrate a proven research track record and the ability to identify technical problems and research opportunities. Candidates with strong analytical and programming skills (Python, C, C++) are desired. Access to massive amounts of real-world data, the ability to work with internal and external collaborators across departments, the possibility of making an impact by developing solutions that will be used by millions, and the freedom to publish your results are some of the reasons AT&T Labs - Research is an exciting place to work.

AT&T Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers. Applications will continue to be considered until positions are filled.