[Corpora-List] "Tajweed" in English dictionaries and corpora

M.E.Sciubba mesciubba at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 16:00:56 CET 2013

Actually, in Italian it is spelled "zabaione" and not "zabaglione", although the pronounciation of the "i" might be most of the times [ʎ] and not [j], as it *should* be [although I am not particualrly fond of normativity]. Moreover, given that borrowing of culinary terms in English pass through French, even though originally Italian, they must have been borrowed not so recently. Anyway, what I wanted to show is that even in Northern Italy, were the term supposedly comes from, it is/was called "sambajon", not so dissimilar to the French "sabayon".

E.