[Corpora-List] ACL 2013 Student Research Workshop - Final Call for Papers

Ivelina Nikolova iva at lml.bas.bg
Sun Feb 10 16:32:49 CET 2013

-- Apologies for cross posting --

Final Call for Papers

*ACL 2013 Student Research Workshop*

5-7 August, 2013, Sofia, Bulgaria

** Submission deadline: Sunday, March 3, 2013 ** http://sites.google.com/site/aclsrw2013/

*General Invitation for Submissions* The ACL Student Research Workshop provides a venue for student researchers investigating topics in Computational Linguistics and Natural Language Processing to present their research, to meet potential advisors, and to receive feedback from the international research community. The workshop's goal is to aid students at multiple stages of their education: from those in the final stages of undergraduate training to those who are preparing their graduate thesis proposal. Towards this goal, we invite papers in two separate categories.

1. Thesis/Research Proposals: This category is appropriate for experienced students who wish to get feedback on their proposal and broader ideas for the field in order to strengthen their final research.

2. Research Papers: Most appropriate for students who are new to academic conferences. Papers in this category can describe completed work or work in progress with preliminary results.

Subject to the availability of established researcher volunteers, each accepted paper will be assigned a mentor, who will provide feedback on the work to the student at the conference. Details on this service will be provided in the acceptance notification.

*Topics* Relevant topics for the workshop include, but are not limited to, the following areas (in alphabetical order):

Cognitive modeling of language processing and psycholinguistics

Dialogue and interactive systems

Discourse, coreference and pragmatics

Evaluation methods

Information retrieval

Language resources

Lexical semantics and ontologies

Low resource language processing

Machine translation: methods, applications and evaluation

Multilinguality in NLP

NLP applications

NLP and creativity

NLP for the languages of Central and Eastern Europe and the Balkans

NLP for the Web and social media

Question answering

Semantics

Sentiment analysis, opinion mining and text classification

Spoken language processing

Statistical and Machine Learning methods in NLP

Summarization and generation

Syntax and parsing

Tagging and chunking

Text mining and information extraction

Word segmentation

*Submission Guidelines* Submission is electronic using the conference management software at: https://www.softconf.com/acl2013/srw/. For the detailed guidelines see our site: https://sites.google.com/site/aclsrw2013/submission-guidelines

*Important Dates*

Submission deadline: March 3, 2013

Notification of acceptance: April 24, 2013

Camera-ready submission deadline: May 24, 2013

Conference dates: August 5-7, 2013 (The workshop will be held during the main conference, in a mode similar to the conference’s regular sessions.)

*Travel Funding* We will be able to provide student authors of accepted papers with a limited amount of travel support. Details on how to apply for this will be part of the acceptance notification distributed in April 2013.

*Organising Committee*

* Student Chairs*

Anik Dey, The Hong Kong University of Science & Technology

Sebastian Krause, German Research Center for Artificial Intelligence

Ivelina Nikolova, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences

Eva Vecchi, Universita di Trento

* Faculty Advisors*

Steven Bethard, University of Colorado Boulder & KU Leuven

Preslav I. Nakov, Qatar Computing Research Institute

Feiyu Xu, German Research Center for Artificial Intelligence

*Program Committee*

See our site: https://sites.google.com/site/aclsrw2013/program-committee

*Contact*

acl-srw-2013 at googlegroups.com

(Note: This e-mail address is configured as a contact address, only read by the workshop organizers. It is not a public mailing or discussion list.)

We apologize if you receive duplicates of this CFP. Please feel free to distribute it to those who might be interested.

-------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available Type: text/html Size: 5854 bytes Desc: not available URL: <https://mailman.uib.no/public/corpora/attachments/20130210/116e4f56/attachment.txt>