[Corpora-List] how many subscribers are there on corpora-list?

Hieu Hoang Hieu.Hoang at ed.ac.uk
Wed Aug 21 15:22:02 CEST 2013

On 21 August 2013 13:23, John F Sowa <sowa at bestweb.net> wrote:

> On 8/21/2013 7:08 AM, Trevor Jenkins wrote:
>
>> The single number doesn't mean anything.
>>

> I agree with that statement. What I believe people want to know is
> the impact of various lists relative to other methods of sharing
> their thoughts with colleagues in related fields.

we once tried to measure the impact by measuring the URL click-through when we released a LM software that was of interest to the NLP community. The email went out to several mailing lists.

However, we didn't set up the experiment correctly (wasn't simultaneous, same URL etc) so the result was highly suspect.

I think someone advertising a conference or software can do the same and it would be a good measure of readership