[Corpora-List] how many subscribers are there on corpora-list?

Krishnamurthy, Ramesh r.krishnamurthy at aston.ac.uk
Wed Aug 21 12:42:35 CEST 2013

Hi all

I asked this question because someone asked a question on the Corpus Linguistics group page in Facebook, and I suggested that they might reach a greater number of potential respondents if they posted it on corpora-list instead... I was then asked if i knew the number of subscribers to corpora-list...

The Facebook group gives its number of MEMBERS as 962, so I wondered if there was an easy way to find out how many people SUBSCRIBE to corpora-list, just as a general indication. If there is a massive difference in the numbers, as i suspect, then I will continue to advise people to post here if they do not get a satisfying answer on Facebook.

I don't know enough about the technologies involved in Facebook or corpora-list to know how easy or difficult it is for non-members/subscribers to access their contents. If it is easier to access material on corpora-list, then in a sense that answers my question in another way? :)

I do know that members/subscribers are numbers we can get hold of, even if they are only very rough indicators of anything else. Many members/subscribers do not seem to be active posters, either on Facebook or on corpora-list, but who knows, they may be avidly reading every post...

Meanwhile I, and a few other 'usual suspects' will no doubt continue to

best Ramesh