[Corpora-List] Corpus based studies in Language Shift

Muhammad Shakir Aziz true.friend2004 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 10 02:43:44 CEST 2013

Dear Corpora Members I am looking for studies in Language Shift which use corpus based techniques for data analysis. Here what I want to request are studies how language B is dominated by language A and looses its vocabulary, morphology and syntax (shifting towards units provided by language A). So what I am interested in are researches which focus more on linguistic aspects of such shift or change. I want to know theories of such change in a dominated language, and settings in which such studies were conducted, and lastly perhaps what they predicted about the future of dominated language (possible life time left, for example). (I wrote 'corpus' because such studies would require language data over a period of time to compare and find contrasts in present day language B, and compare the results to features of language A to identify which features replaced originals of language B). I have tried to lay down what I am looking for. My apologies if it is still vague or hard to grasp. I will highly appreciate any help. Regards -------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available Type: text/html Size: 1095 bytes Desc: not available URL: <https://mailman.uib.no/public/corpora/attachments/20130810/3f21d71d/attachment.txt>