[Corpora-List] English is close to Sandinavian languages

Yuri Tambovtsev yutamb at mail.ru
Fri Nov 30 14:37:03 CET 2012

Dear corpora members, indeed, English may be closer to Scandinavian languages. In fact, I applied the method of Chi-square to the Germanic languages and found that Danish is very close to English by the distribution of phonemes in the speech sound chain. I am sure English needs more investigations to state the place among Germanic languages more solidly. Now the comparison is just based on some words which is rather week. Looking forward to further comments to my address yutamb at mail. ru Be well, Yuri Tambovtsev, Novosibirsk, Russia yutamb at mail.ru -------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available Type: text/html Size: 955 bytes Desc: not available URL: <https://mailman.uib.no/public/corpora/attachments/20121130/b1a2fc97/attachment.txt>