* * * Call for Papers * * *
Following the successful initial conference in Louvain, Belgium, in 2011, with more than 100 presentations, the next conference in this biannual series will be held near Bergen, Norway, on September 27-29, 2013. See the website for more details.
We welcome presentations that address all aspects of learner corpus research, in particular the following ones:
- Corpus based transfer studies
- Longitudinal and cross-linguistic learner corpora
- Learner corpora for less commonly taught languages
- Statistical methods in learner corpus studies
- Search engines for learner corpora
- Task and learner variables
- Data mining and other explorative approaches to learner corpora
- Corpora as pedagogical resources
- Metaphors, idioms and multiword expressions in learner language
- Innovative annotations in learner corpora
- Error detection and correction of learner language
- Links between learner corpus research and other research methodologies (e.g. experimental methods)
- Learner corpora, native speaker norms and the English as a lingua franca debate
There will be three different categories of presentation:
- Full paper (20 minutes + 10 minutes for discussion)
- Corpus/software demonstration
The posters are intended to present research still at a preliminary stage and on which researchers would like to get feedback. The conference aims to be a showcase for the latest developments in the field and will feature both corpus/software demos and a book exhibition.
The language of the conference is English.
SUBMISSION OF EXTENDED ABSTRACTS
For all categories of presentation, an extended abstract of 600 to 750 words must be submitted (this word limit does not apply to the references).
Extended abstracts must be submitted through EasyChair by February 15, 2013, 23:59 CET. Please read more detailed instructions on the submission procedure on the conference website: http://lcr2013.b.uib.no/call-for-papers/
Submissions will be reviewed anonymously by the program committee. You will be notified of the outcome of the review process by March 31, 2013. Accepted submissions will be retracted if none of the authors are registered by the April 15 deadline.
Contact: Please consult the website first. Questions about the call for papers and the program can be directed to the program chairs at lcr2013prog at uib.no. Inquiries regarding venue and local organization should be directed to lcr2013local at uib.no.