[Corpora-List] similarity measures in auditive and visual data?

Albretch Mueller lbrtchx at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 11:31:36 CET 2012

~

Many forms of string metrics are used in corpora research, but I don't see anywhere anything about binary/encoded data. This is what I have in mind: ~

you feed many paintings and the styles/authors are figured out: Picassos, Matisses, Kansdinkys, ... ~

object detection inside pictures: these are all shoes ... ~

while watching Michela Watkins' "Bitch Pleeze" performance or her Ann Coulter impersonation, you want to stop the reel at some point and have her face at this very moment to match other faces in a corpus, follow the faces' transitions and check it as a multi-modal input with their speech context and other gestures ~

... stratify all types of face expressions ~

you want to know when a video segment has been repeated exactly or approximately/similarly, say, the actual Chaplin silent movies in the views and rehashings in Richard Attenborough's biographical movie ~

Do you know on any research on those topics? google scholar didn't give me much good leads ~

lbrtchx