ACL 2012 NEWSLETTER NO. 5
1. Registration site open
2. Student volunteer/travel award recipients
3. ACL 2012 program at a glance
4. ACL 50th Anniversary Lectures
5. (Reminder) Hotel reservation and visa information
Registration is now open.
Early registration: Through 11:59PM EDT June 10, 2012
Late registration: June 9, 2012 to 11:59PM EDT June 24, 2012
Onsite registration: Begins July 8, 2012
You can find registration fees and the E-registration site at http://acl2012.org/registration/sub01.asp .
:: Student volunteer/travel award recipients
The Student Volunteer Program Committee selected
5 recipients of the student travel award supported by the Donald and Betty Walker Student Scholarship Fund, 10 recipients of the student travel award supported by AFNLP, and 40 student volunteers
:: ACL 2012 program at a glance
July 5-6 Satellite Event
July 8 ACL Tutorials
July 9-11 ACL main conference, Student Research Workshop,
Rediscovering 50 Years of Discoveries Workshop
July 12-13 ACL Workshops
July 12-14 EMNLP-CoNLL 2012
1. SIGdial 2012 (5-6 July 2012): 13th Annual SIGdial Meeting on Discourse and Dialogue (Seoul National University, Seoul)
July 8 Morning
1. Qualitative Modeling of Spatial Prepositions and Motion Expressions (Inderjeet Mani, James Pustejovsky)
2. State-of-the-Art Kernels for Natural Language Processing (Alessandro Moschitti)
3. Topic Models, Latent Space Models, Sparse Coding, and All That: A Systematic Understanding of Probabilistic Semantic Extraction in Large Corpora (Eric Xing)
July 8 Afternoon
1. Multilingual Subjectivity and Sentiment Analysis (IRada Mihalcea, Carmen Banea, Janyce Wiebe)
2. Deep Learning for NLP (without Magic) (Richard Socher, Yoshua Bengio, Christopher D. Manning)
3. Graph-based Semi-Supervised Learning Algorithms for NLP (Amarnag Subramanya, Partha Pratim Talukdar)
Main Conference Workshop (9-11 July 2012)
1. R50: Rediscovering 50 Years of Discoveries
2. SRW: Student Research Workshop
Post Conference Workshop (12-13 July 2012)
1. SP-Sem-MRL2012 (12 July 2012): Parsing and Semantic Processing of Morphologically Rich Languages 2012
2. SMIAE 2012 (12 July 2012): Speech and Multimodal Interaction in Assistive Environments
3. The LAW VI (12-13 July 2012): The 6th Linguistic Annotation Workshop
4. WASSA2012 (12 July 2012): 3rd Workshop on Computational Approaches to Subjectivity and Sentiment Analysis
5. ExProM (13 July 2012): Extra-propositional aspects of meaning in computational linguistics
6. MM (13 July 2012): Multilingual Modeling
7. The People's Web meets NLP (13 July 2012): Collaboratively Constructed Semantic Resources and their Applications to NLP
8. TextGraphs-7 (13 July 2012): Graph-based Methods for Natural Language Processing
9. SSST-6 (12 July 2012): Sixth Workshop on Syntax, Semantics and Structure in Statistical Translation
10. DSSD (12 July 2012): Detecting Structure in Scholarly Discourse
11. NEWS2012 (12 July 2012): 4th Named Entities Workshop
:: ACL 50th Anniversary Lectures
Speaker 1: Mark Johnson (http://web.science.mq.edu.au/~mjohnson/)
Speaker 2: Aravind K. Joshi (http://www.cis.upenn.edu/~joshi/)
Speaker 3: ACL 2012 Lifetime Achievement Award Recipient
:: (Reminder) Hotel reservation and visa information
Accommodation reservation is available at http://www.acl2012.org/accommodation/sub01.asp.
Official hotel (The Shilla Jeju)
- Download a reservation form from the reservation Web page - Complete the form and email it to acl2012.conference at gmail.com
- Click the link for sub-hotel reservation - Fill up your personal information in the linked site
Hostels for students
- More than 10 hostels are listed - Follow the instructions for Sub-Hotel reservation
[Traveling directly to Jeju]
Entry to Jeju island directly does not require visa (i.e. visa-free entry) except for the following countries: Afghanistan, Cuba, Iran, Iraq, Kosobo, Libya, Macedonia, Nigeria, Palestine, Sudan, and Syria.
[Traveling via Seoul and others]
Entry to Korea (e.g. through Incheon International Airport) requires visa except for some countries. For detailed information for visa issuance, please refer to http://www.mofat.go.kr/ENG/visa/application/index.jsp?menu=m_40_10.
If you need an invitation letter for obtaining a visa, you can request one by email (acl2012.conference at gmail.com). Please state your full name on passport and address and also attach the acceptance letter of your paper.
CONFIDENTIALITY:This email is intended solely for the person(s) named and may be confidential and/or privileged.If you are not the intended recipient,please delete it,notify us and do not copy,use,or disclose its content.
Towards A Sustainable Earth:Print Only When Necessary.Thank you.