[Corpora-List] New Release: StringNet 3.0 at nav.stringnet.org

Nailung Tsao beaktsao at stringnet.org
Wed May 16 18:10:48 CEST 2012

Apologies for multiple postings.

We are happy to announce the release of StringNet 3.0, the latest web-based version of the StringNet lexico-grammatical knowledgebase of English. StringNet 3.0 has 2 billion unique multiword patterns (what we call hybrid n-grams), nearly 7 times more than the 300 million patterns in StringNet 2.0. In other words, SN 3.0 captures 1.7 billion patterns that had slipped through the net of SN 2.0. We have also added several more types of links for navigating among and discovering related patterns, so SN 3.0 is a much denser net. Also, each word or slot in each pattern can be clicked on to list the other words that can replace that word or occupy that slot.

As in previous versions, StringNet 3.0 takes queries of one or more words and shows the multiword patterns (hybrid n-grams) in which that word occurs or those words co-occur conventionally (submit queries at nav.stringnet.org). Response time for queries of SN 3.0 is much faster than previous versions.

Give it a try at: http://nav.stringnet.org

You can also join our mailing list there to receive StringNet updates and news.

Best regards, David Wible and Nai-Lung Tsao